This Neogothic edifice is located in the geographical center of the city, facing the central square, Plaza Moreno, and the City Hall.
Inspired by the European cathedrals of Amiens and Cologne, its plans were drawn by architect Ernesto Meyer under the direction of city planner Pedro Benoit. The cornerstone was laid in 1884, and it was consecrated as the Parroquia Nuestra Señora de los Dolores in 1902. The parish church, which continued undergoing works, was designated a cathedral in 1932.
Uploaded: Jun 21, 2016