Ljubostinja located near Trstenik and 9 km northeast of Spa. It is located in the valley of small mountain rivers (Ljubostinjska river). It has an endowment of Princess Milica. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin. The monastery was built from 1388 to 1405. In Ljubostinja buried Princess Milica, wife of Prince Lazar and the nun Jefimija, that after the Battle of Kosovo vows here with a number of widows of Serbian nobleman disappeared in battle of Marica and Kosovo Polje. Today Ljubostinja nunnery which preserves and maintains about fifty nuns. During Kočine Revolt Ljubostinja the people invited to the uprising. After the failure of the revolt, the Turks burned the monastery in order to avenge the Serbs. Then most of the frescoes destroyed. Also, when the monastery was set on fire discovered the secret treasure trove that was hidden in the wall behind the monastery icons where Princess Milica hid their treasures. Among the stolen treasure was located and the Crown Prince Lazar, which is now located in Istanbul. The monastery celebrates on August 19, Transfiguration.
Преведи са језика: босански
Ljubostinja trikonhos the basis of the developed type with a dome and a narthex. It was built of cut stone, while the facade plastered and painted to imitate stone masonry and brick. The monastery was built in the Moravian style. The builder was master builder Rade Borovic, whose name is on the threshold of passage from the narthex to the nave. Painting is only partially preserved, made on two occasions. In the narthex, there are portraits of Prince Lazar and Princess Milica made by the priest-monk Macarius. From paintings have been preserved: "Great Holidays," "Sufferings," "Miracles" ... The church is also a very valuable iconostasis who in 1822 painted by Nikola Markovic.
Uploaded: Jun 24, 2015