A short walk from Wynnum Central along Tingal Road is the Wynnum Shire Clerk’s Cottage it was built in 1890 and restored in 1984. The Shire Clerk’s Cottage is the only remaining visible evidence of Wynnum’s years as a shire. The building previously owned by the Brisbane City Council, was in a state of decay and about to be demolished. In 1981 the then Brisbane City Council Lord Mayor Alderman Frank Sleeman handed over the cottage to the Waterloo Bay Leisure Centre.
Fully restored and opened in 1984 the Shire Clerk’s Cottage has been returned to its former glory. It’s a working cottage used by community groups and is in much demand for weddings and photographs. Brisbane QLD, Australia.
© W E NIXON PHOTOGRAPHY
Folder: Black and White
Uploaded: Jun 3, 2015