Windows Repair – tool all-in -one solution to repair the system. Designed to restore various Windows settings to their default values. Helps to fix a wide variety of problems including registry errors and file permissions as well as issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and more.
Before running the Windows Repair will be asked to perform 4 simple steps warning system malfunction : checking for viruses, check the hard disk , checking for corrupt system files and create a restore point. You can then select one of the three Basic, Advanced and Custom, each of which offers a variety of system repair.
Tweaking.com – Windows Repair is an all-in-one repair tool to help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including:
- Reset File Permissions
- Register System Files
- Repair WMI
- Repair Windows Firewall
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair MDAC & MS Jet
- Repair Hosts File
- Remove Policies Set By Infections
- Repair Icons
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Unhide Non System Files
- Repair Windows Updates
- Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working
What's New v3.9.21:
- Complete redo of the registry and file permissions repairs on 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. These two repairs would normally go and set owner and permissions on all registry, file and folders on the system, then go and set the default permissions on the default items on a system.
- This had pros and cons. A pro was that permissions that might be messed up on something not normally in windows would get fixed, a con is some things not part of windows that don't like their permissions touched would break. Windows 10 is also extremely fragile to what permissions are set to.
- The program also had to set the owner first to make sure it had permission to restore the defaults, it now sets the owner only on the items that are being restore to default and not to anything else on the system.
- This speeds up the two repairs dramatically and also makes administrators happy since any locked down items wont be touched.
Do to the new change of the file permissions, on windows 7 and newer no drive letters will show under the repair as it now only sets the permissions for the defaults and nothing else.
- Updated ManageACL_32 and ManageACL_64 to v1.7.0
- Multiple small bug fixes and code changes.
Uploaded: Jan 10, 2017