Municipal Building Dallas - Architecture - Cityscape - Urban
Completed in 1956, the Old Municipal Building Annex served as Dallas City Hall for 22 years until the current City Hall was completed in 1978. The original architects for this addition to the 1914 Old Municipal Building were (Harwood K.) Smith & Mills, with Mark Lemmon serving as Consulting Architect. Most notably, it was in this facility’s underground garage where Jack Ruby fatally shot Lee Harvey Oswald on November 24, 1963, and which still attracts curious tourists fifty years later.
The mid-century modern-style Annex now buzzes with activity as the Dallas Municipal Court Building.
Folder: Dallas - Fort Worth
Uploaded: Oct 15, 2016